Position: Lead Proposal Coordinator and Writer Consultant- Yemen
Duration: 2 months
Reports to: Deputy Country Director – Programs
Start Date : November 1, 2021
About Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four members of the RI Alliance in the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. Under our alliance agreement, we operate under a single, shared management structure with one CEO and one Board of Directors.
Relief international (RI) is seeking an experienced Lead Proposal Coordinator and Writer with a proven successful track record of authoring winning emergency and early recovery integrated proposals to assistand guide the proposal design and development process (both standalone and integrated projects) in close coordination with thematic leads and Technical Advisors. The selected proposal writer will play a key role at ensuring that proposals submitted by RI are highly competitive, responsive to donor guidelines and priorities, responsive to the humanitarian needs in Yemen and align with tRI Yemen Country Strategy. The scussceful candidate will be working remotely with no expectation for visit to Yemen.
- Health and Nutrition
- Food Security and Livelihoods
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Review the call for proposals identify and disseminate key proposal requirements and instructions to members of the proposal development team
- Develop and monitor proposal schedules and outlines together with respective thematic leads TAs, support functions -i.e. finance, MEAL, programe team, Access team etc
- Guide the Concept Note/proposal development design sessions and orient TAs on the donor requirements for drafting different sections of proposals
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive narrative
- Edit and incorporate the input of Technical Advisors and other team members (including feedback from Regional and Headquaters) into the proposals
- Contribute to the development of the proposal budgets
- Review and assure the consistency of proposal narratives log frames workplans and other relevant annexes
- Deliver quality products against a tight schedule
- Ensure final submission is compliant with donor regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience leading the design, proposal writing of intergrated multi sector projects focusing on health, nutrition, wash, protection and FSL preferably in the Middle East
- Strong programme design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent documents, including logframes.
- Prior demonstrated experience and success developing and writing competitive proposals for institutional donors, particularly BHA, ECHO, UN – Pooled funding, UNFPA and WFP
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with team members in various locations and from multiple organizations, including remotely writing and revising proposal documents.
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organizations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
- Excellent English speaking/writing/editing skills required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and flexibility to adapt to any subsequent changes in the terms of reference
- Knowledge of the Humanitarian context in Yemen
The initial contract will cover one proposal writing project to completion. Terms will be negotiated based on the project and the candidate.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Relief International (RI) is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to RI’s Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply.
- To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International is committed to diversity and gender equality, we strongly encourage applicants from the global south and female candidates to apply.
Application and Deadline : Interested Individuals should send the following requested documents to before October 20th, 2021.
- Cover letter detailing the individual’s suitability for the assignment and current contact
- CV of the consultant Financial
- Proposed daily rate in US dollars