These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
Provide Administrative support in the areas of Travel, Assets & Stores, Office facilities & Guest Houses. Coordinate purchase of Non-food items and liaise with other units to avail required operational support.
Perform all tasks in adherence with WFP rules and regulations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Process fuel replenishment in liaison with Hodeidah Area Office, monitor re-order levels, ensure accountability and timely replenishment.
- Programme quality servicing and maintenance of official vehicles.
- Maintain the fleet wave database by updating data and generating reports.
- Prepare and keep updated Transport schedule, liaise with Security for security clearance and prepare Driver’s duty roster.
- Ensure all WFP drivers comply with rules and regulations stipulated in the driver’s handbook; manage driver attendance.
- Process travel Authorization documents(TAs) for staff members on in-country duty travel and R&R.
- Ensure travel documents are reviewed by HoU before submission for release /approval; periodically close travel open items in WINGS.
- Liaise with travel focal point in CO to make UNHAS bookings and flight reservations for staff members travelling out of the Country.
- Verify TEC received for payment from staff members against original Travel Authorization and actual travel undertaken.
CONT: OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
3. Assets & Stores:
- Track all assets acquired by WFP Hajjah through the Global Equipment Management System (GEMS) and GEMS Mobile. Monitor both old and newly acquired assets in accordance with established procedures for Assets Management.
- Manage annual physical count of all assets in Hajjah office through GEMS Mobile and conduct periodic checks.
- Compile list of lost , damaged /broken and obsolete items proposed for disposal through donation , transfers or write-off. Channel the disposal list to the LPSB through the Area Office Administration.
4. Office facilities & Guest Houses:
- Coordinate management of WFP official premises and Guest Houses to ensure a Healthy and Safe working environment for WFP staff.
- Participate in negotiating the establishment and renewal of lease agreements/MoUs and ensure the corporate facilities management database (ARCHIBUS) is updated with accurate statistical information for Hajjah Field Office.
- Manage Guest House accommodation bookings via the Humanitarian Hub and ensure related costs are fully recovered.
CONT: OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
5. Procurement of NFIs: Participate in the tendering process for procurement requests for Hajjah Field Office through technical evaluation; generate WINGS related goods receipt notes or service entry sheets and prepare payment requests.
6. Perform other related duties when required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work or other related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.