The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted Vacancy: Protection Assistant
Number of Vacancy: (1)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time Contract
Position reporting to: Protection Officer
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: May 22nd 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Management: conduct interviews and prepare best interest determination for vulnerable conflict effected IDPs whenever needed.
- Referring IDPs at risk to other services; for instance, legal services, psychological counseling sessions, education, health, and... Etc. and then follow up the cases.
- Responsible for correcting the mistakes of the PMs and submit it to the data entry to be adjusted in SDF and Kobo system
- Share the filed assessment feedback with the IT on daily and weekly basis.
- Protection assistants are responsible for coordinating the PM teams where they are supposed to (issuing the BNFs lists who will be targeted in the assessment on weekly basis, providing guidance to PMs , solving any problems during the filed assessment process, distributing the INATs after stamping and coding, and collect them back.
- Responsible for providing electronic archiving of the assessment form and paper archiving of any other documents.
- Support the Protection Officer, in the organization of workshops, seminars and activities on displacement & protection issues.
- Providing counseling to the BNFs who approach the CC where most of the CC visitors are being referred to the protection office after getting the social or legal counseling to get the technical counseling.
- Responsible for editing the information of the CC visitors who ask for amending their data before or after being assessed.
- Raise awareness for vulnerable conflict effected IDPs, community, youth and households upon protection issues through interviews and counseling and awareness sessions.
- Supervise the implementation of project and ensure protection of beneficiaries .
- Prepare weekly, monthly, mid and final reports on time and be delivered to the IDPs protection officer.
- Document all challenges, difficulties and success stories that might take place during implementing the project.
- Working in the field on the protection issue as per project’s needs.
- Entering relevant data to the system and writing reports for relevant data.
- Preparing the Filed Visit plan for Protection Monitors team and follow up their reports.
- Follow up Protection Monitors and volunteers in the field.
- Establish and coordinate with CBPNs networks and CBPN Focal point.
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in a Social Science and/or in a relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience in the protection/ GBV and psychological support, preferably with INGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills and proven experience in leading field teams.
- Highly organized with strong problem-solving skills and a track record of achieving results under stress and in difficult environments
- Evidence of working independently and operating with minimum supervision, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent Arabic language skills (both oral and written)
- Strong English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into protection issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and government.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- Experience in community mobilization and capacity building