Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (WASH M&E)
Organizational Unit : WASH
Duty Station : Yemen, Aden
IOM Classification : M 5
Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2021/041
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 18 April 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the direct supervision of the WASH Program Coordinator, in close coordination with the all programmatic focal points in Aden, and technical guidance of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the successful candidate will assist with monitoring, data gathering and analysis, documentation, reporting, and community feedback mechanism (CFM) of IOM’s programme implemented by the sub office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of M&E activities at the project sites according to the programme goals and objectives, while elevating issues to the Wash Program Coordinator and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for corrective measures.
2. Assist with planning and monitoring of data collection and analysis activities; Ensure processes of M&E and CFM operations are performed and reported in a timely manner, within budgets and per calendar of activities. 3. Go on regular field missions to gather data and provide technical assistance on reporting in relevant locations of implementation.
4. Support the WASH Unit to document the process and activities of on-going projects such as capturing case stories for donor reports, website and newsletters based on M&E activities in the project sites. 5. Coordinate the collection, storing, analysis, and sharing of the complaints and feedback data from sub-office field locations and generate regular reports.
6. Support the process of answering, processing, and responding to complaints and guiding beneficiaries that seek help through IOM hotlines and other Community Feedback Mechanisms (CFMs).
7. Follow up on complaints and feedback referrals with the WASH team members and support the CFM focal point in responding to raised pending issues.
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Science/Public Relation/Economics/Development Studies/ International Relations or other relevant disciplines with three year experience;
- School diploma five years of experience;
- Substantial experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, preferably with monitoring of field activities. Operational experience in the field in IDP/refugee and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills.
- Experience in liaising with partner organizations, national and international institutions an advantage. • Familiarity with humanitarian assistance programming an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently to required governorates.
- Good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programmes in the IDP humanitarian responses, post conflict construction and development.
- Familiarity with financial management and good level of computer literacy, including database applications. Must be proficient with MS Office.
English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. • Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.