Job Title: Visibility and Media Officer
Location: Al Hodeida
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance
Date of Issue: 27 March 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 31 March 2021
Jeel Albena is a National Humanitarian and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. Jeel Albena has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet and Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and it works towards finding durable solutions for them upon return.
- Document all projects activities, success stories and make media coverage about them in the media, such as news sites, channels, and others.
- Prepare and design various reports and designs for the projects, whether: publications or for social media.
- Draft and edit news content for all projects activities to be compatible with publishing in media outlets such as news sites and channels, as well as social media, and others.
- Interview the beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the projects.
- Form relationships with available media and make broad media coverage of news for all projects activities.
- Send the required information materials to the funder, as well as to the related department in the association.
- As required support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports that properly display visibly activities implemented.
- Enhance Jeel Albena staff capacity building regarding visibility and media activities including proper photo-taking techniques, planned video, interview documentation.
- Ensure adherence to donors’ guidelines for visibility and communication.
- Keep all data and informational materials (stories, photos, videos, etc.) archived from project staff and beneficiaries, and assist in media drafting.
- Any other tasks or duties assigned to him within the scope of this job.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, media, multimedia, journalism, public relations, or any related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working INGOs / NGOs in the field of humanitarian aid in a similar position.
- Professional photography / videography skills.
- Ability to deal with design and montage programs (Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Ability to formulate and edit news content for all project activities to be compatible with publishing on the association’s website as well as social networking pages.
- Ability to meet beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the project.
- Ability to plan, organize, follow-up and archive.
- Ability to form relationships with the available media and make broad media coverage of news of project activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and genuine interest in the work of INGO.
- Ability to use Microsoft package (MS Office).
- Ability to work in a team spirit.