Position: Logistics assistant
Project name: food security
Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records/ tracker of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Receive PRs, and handle all procurement process.
- Create and maintain serial number for all PRs.
- Maintain well archiving (hard & soft) for procurement documents.
- Ensure maintenance and inspection for all rented vehicles are carried out on regular basis.
- Ensure all drivers are trained and oriented on relevant FMF’s rules and code of conduct.
- Ensure all safety items/ tools are available in all rented vehicles.
- Carry out daily check up on vehicles (use checkup list).
- Responsible on handle all requests related to vehicles and complete all rental process according to FMF’s policy as well as its claim which should be submitted to finance on monthly basis.
- Ensure well archiving for all agreements (Hard & Soft).
- Maintain fleet tracker which has to be updated and shared with senior logistic officer by 1st of each month.
- Ensure all assets are recorded and have ID number.
- Ensure comply with FMF’s policy and use the required forms in using, transporting and handing over the assets to staff.
- Maintain assets register which has to be updated and shared with senior logistic officer by 1st of each month.
- Carry out yearly physical count to assets and well archiving for.
- Ensure all standards of warehouse are applied.
- Ensure items stored in the warehouse as per FMF policy & procedures.
- Ensure materials are stored and arranged in an orderly manner in terms of grant, item category and similarity, ease of accessibility, and frequency of item’s movement with the objective of optimum utilization of storage space.
- Ensure all materials on the warehouse are placed in a clean and neat manner.
- Organizes and conducts monthly and annual inventory.
- Follow the procedures of receive and release goods and use the respective forms.
- Ensuring the quantity and quality of materials during delivery and check with the raised PR’s and asking Confirmation for quality of coming materials from the requested department.
- Ensure all transactions are reflected on warehouse register.
- Ensure use serial number for all GRNs.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in procurement activities & Previous experience working with NGO’s
- Good skills of planning, organizing and prioritizing workload,
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels,