POSITION: Senior Partnerships MEAL Officer
LOCATION: Aden, Yemen – with travel throughout Yemen
START DATE: April 1, 2021
DURATION: 6 months (with high likeliness of extension)
REPORTS TO: Partnerships Coordinator with a technical line to the MEAL Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC Yemen currently operates in eight governorates in the south and north through direct programming and local partnerships in Health, WASH/EH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery & Development (ERD), Education, Child Protection, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE). The IRC began working with local partners in Yemen in 2017 with current / upcoming partnerships in Northern and Southern areas of Yemen, in Health, WPE, and Emergency Preparedness and Response.
The Senior Partnerships MEAL Officer is a key position for the Partnerships Department (PD)which provides support to IRC partner programs implemented across Yemen. He/She will provide support to the PD to review sub-awardee proposals, participate in pre-award due diligence processes, lead reviews of report data and verification, and provide guidance and training related to MEAL/CRA to sub-awardees in order to strengthen their capacity, as required. This position will also be responsible for collecting trigger monitoring reports from technical teams and partners and providing an overview of that data to the EPRM Steering Committee. This position reports directly to the Partnerships Coordinator (PC).
- Participate in the Partner's Project Capacity Review (PPCR) of potential partners as appropriate, and contribute to efforts to collaboratively analyze and manage material risks identified.
- Work collaboratively and considerately with partners to develop and finalize proposal documents including proposals, budgets, logframes, indicators, and tools.
- Participate in Partnership Project Opening, Review and Closure Meetings, including to review successes and challenges with the partner, and capture effective MEAL/CRA practices for future partnerships.
- Collaborate with partners to ensure completeness, correctness, and accuracy of beneficiary reach data and ensure databases and up to date and accurate.
- Review partner narrative reports, ITTs, and supporting documents to ensure compliance with the partnership agreement, donor regulations and IRC policy, and provide feedback to the partner as appropriate.
- Participate in effective program review and reflection (monitoring), identifying appropriate follow up actions, and providing completed reports to Partnership Lead.
- Work with partners to ensure appropriate Client Feedback Mechanisms (CFM) are established and functioning.
- Work with technical teams to review partner MEAL documents and provide appropriate feedback, along with input into IRC prime award reports.
- Assist in the close-out of partnership agreements, as required.
- Participate in the review of the performance of the partner, of the IRC, and of the partnership, including successes, challenges and lessons learned.
Program Support & Capacity Sharing
- Provide MEAL/CRA training and mentoring support to partners, in accordance with partner project support plans, with a focus on supporting the partner to strengthen CFMs and approach capacities that are responsive to the needs of the partner (rather than replicating IRC’s systems and policies).
- No direct line management responsibilities, yet the Partnerships MEAL Senior Officer is expected to coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Any other duties as assigned by the PC.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Partnerships Coordinator with a technical line to the MEAL Coordinator.
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Programs Team, Finance team, Grants team, and external stockholders and partners
(Applicants missing any of the below requirements will not be considered for the position)
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development or Affairs, Social Science, Business or related field; Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience with INGOs or NGOs.
- Shown technical skills in monitoring and evaluation at the field level
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Strong data interpretation skills, reporting writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring NGOs/CBOs staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present to groups of all sizes.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple simultaneous tasks and demands coming from multiple sources.
- Hard-working, sharp and detailed oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; tact, patience, diplomacy, and appropriate assertiveness.
- Proficiency in MS Office software suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and experience working with databases and/or other tracking systems.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: This position is based in Aden, Yemen with travel to field locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employee benefits and privileges of employment!