Position: Accountability Officer
Job location: Aden with field travel to South of Al-Hudaydah, West Taiz, Al-Dhale'e and Shabwah
Report to: MEAL Officer - Senior Reporting Officer
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Under UNHCR partnership and funds, FMF is implementing a protection project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, West Taiz, Al-Dhale'e, and Shabwah.
The Accountability Officer is responsible for implementation of activities related to accountability to population of concern (PoC) and stakeholders and mainly in its aspects related to transparency, complaint and feedback mechanisms and participation across areas of intervention. Accountability Officer will also contribute to the definition of accountability plan and activities for all project in her/his area, such as beneficiaries’ satisfaction survey, community consultation, CFM and ensure its implementation supported by M&E team for field activities. The incumbent will also lead on collecting all of the required data from the field and report on the project’s framework and the required project’s donor reports.
- Ensure functioning complaints and response mechanism, through effective collection of complaints including field visits, management of beneficiaries’ hotline and complaints boxes.
- Ensure constant contact with affected population in FMF intervention areas and contribute to improve community participation in FMF programming.
- Contribute to the definition of accountability strategy for each project following accountability plan and guidance provided by MEAL Officer.
- Contribute to the monitoring of beneficiaries' satisfaction, by leading in the conduction of follow ups around satisfaction of beneficiaries.
- Support and follow-up project teams for the application of the recommendations done based on the findings of any accountability activities
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Computer sciences, or any other relevant subject or any related field.
- 2 years of experience working in MEAL.
- Prior familiarity with the implementation of protection projects preferred (sufficient technical knowledge).
- Demonstrated experience in deadline driven reporting environment.
- Experience in providing training and support to project staff.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues and specifically FMF’s approach to and role in protection work including analysis and advocacy.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking including experience developing analysis and strategies for protection.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Be available for regular trainings provided by FMF and support in identifying staff training needs.
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment, punctuality and respect for rules and procedures, and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.