Project Officer (2) -Saadah
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Officer (2)
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Manage the team of project(s) assistant and community mobilisers on daily basis
- Capacity building of the team
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilisers, engineer teams and M&E
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by manager
- Ensure the documentation, information related to the project and decisions taken by the deputy program manager or above are communicated to the entire team. Also ensure the information from field team are communicated to the deputy program manager
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested.
- Responsible for the timely and quality implementation of the activities in the area of implementation of the project
- Assists the deputy project manager in the planning of the activities and development of SOP for the activities
- Prepare the activities material and oversee their implementation on the field
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations after approval from Project Manager and PM and/or AC.
FLAT management of the activates
- Follow up with logistic department the status of field stocks related to the project and car rental
- Follow up with Finance department notably on the processes of advances opening and closure
- Follow up with HR department notably on the process of hiring daily workers
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the deputy program manager.
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Ensure all movements are authorized with permits from the authorities
- Responsible to communicate with DPM and S&L team regarding the activities to be implemented and in need for DE confliction
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least three years of experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- At least one year of experience in a managerial position;
- Preferable knowledge in managing food basket's distribution programming;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Very good English skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Knowledge of ACTED program management tools;
- Knowledge of Saadah governorate.