Position: Field Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: FO-MRB /21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Emergency unit closely works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating food assistance programme in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
Emergency food assistance unit, assists up the vulnerable affected populations in disasters such as droughts and floods, in response to the conflict. It provides beneficiaries with general food assistance or cash or food vouchers in coordination with private sectors supply chain network.
The main duty of Field Officer is to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for data collection, monitoring of local partners’ performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
- Assists in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data
- Coordinate, liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Food Security project field team, take part in the identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process
- Responsible for planning and implementing the project activities in the field
- Collect relevant data during project implementation and provide regular reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Monitors the distribution of the food vouchers and document the distribution process under the supervision of the Project Officer
- Monitors voucher exchange in local stores and ensure compliance to project regulations
- Monitors voucher usage in local stores and at the household level to collect information for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Submit weekly reports and activity plans to the project officer
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the Program Coordinator
- Sensitize key stakeholders, communities and participating households on the project objectives, timelines and on general project activities
- Form the Food Management Committees (FMC)
- Work with community stakeholder's committees and collaborate with them in beneficiaries’ identification and selection
- Oversee the Cash/ Voucher distribution process
- Prepare monthly plan, project reports and distribution plans and reports and submit a monthly report on all projects activities to project officer
- Monitor vouchers distribution processes to beneficiaries at the local vendor locations and deal with any arising complaints.
- Assist in the collection of data during assessments and post distribution surveys whenever required.
- Conduct market assessment, needs assessment, market monitoring as required.
- Assist MEAL team in collecting data from the field and preparing reports.
- Assist Program Coordinator to manage and implement project activities according to the project work plan.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
- Work closely with supporting departments (finance, HR, logistics, etc.) to ensure proper coordination exists for efficient project implementation.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of project activities.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks.
- Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the Program Coordinator and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- University degree in social sciences or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in working with INGOs/NGOs
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Professional knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.)
- Excellent reporting skill.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel among different districts
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details
C) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
This position is based in Marib and will require travel to Sana’a and other districts as per the need