Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire M&E Officer to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned projects including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities.
- Creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the project.
- Assist project staff and manager in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the project manager (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators)
- Keep tracking the developments in the project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within project field teams.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Conduct surveys when necessary, collect surveys data, and provide analysis to the project manager and donor.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations.
- Submit all the required reports to the donor.
- Assist program development management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of project proposals as well as throughout the project implementation.
- Develop monitoring indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Ensure that the complaint mechanism and feedback are activated.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Conduct baseline and end -line assessment.
- Conduct verification to ensure that projects target beneficiaries meet with selected criteria.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, final and other reports to project manager.
- Prepare and maintain data base.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other relevant field.
- Ability to design and implement M&E Tools.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs.
- Experience in drafting tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection (e.g. focus group discussions, household surveys, market surveys).
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.