Job Title: Social Worker
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a Social Worker to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews and social counseling for the displaced who come to the IDPs community center on daily basis.
- Conduct frequent social counseling field visits for IDPs who cannot come to the IDPs Community center.
- Maintain the documentation of all social consultations in a well-organized archiving system.
- Make follow-up calls / visits to IDPs who need ongoing support.
- Identify the needs of the displaced through interaction with them.
- Write urgent and immediate reports on any situation for any specific needs using channels of communication, telephone calls, emails and written documents.
- Immediate response to special needs, including domestic violence, gender- based violence, medical emergencies, children with special needs, people with physical and mental disabilities, and so forth.
- Pay particular attention to the most vulnerable cases, such as unaccompanied children, women at risk and the elderly.
- Conduct awareness sessions on social issues related to IDPs.
- Prepare weekly updates and monthly reports on progress made in the work, challenges and recommendations classified by type, age and district of the assisted cases.
- Respect the different cultural backgrounds of the IDPs in order to promote and achieve the goals of the project.
- Receive the referred cases of IDPs or Host Community and provide them by the needed social consultancy.
- Identify people with special needs (PWSNs) and ensure they receive assistance through direct interventions or referral mechanism.
- Provide counseling to IDPs lacking identification documents and refer them to the Legal specialist for issuance of document.
- Conduct educational and recreational activities.
- Follow up cash, livelihoods and legal referred cases after getting benefits from the social services of the community center.
- Assist the MEAL staff designing the data entry forms and ensure the information of the cases are fully and correctly registered.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other relevant field.
- Experience in establishing and / or managing social consultation systems, preferably in NGOs.
- Familiar with all terms related to the protection of IDPs.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.