HYAC has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 1990. Using right-based approaches, HYAC has mainly focused on internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods, construction/ rehabilitation, health, shelter and education. HYAC has 6 main offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida, Taiz, hudramount and Socotra as a several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, HYAC is seeking the services of a qualified IT data assistant to support our emergency response.
Job Title: IT data assistant
Location: (Aden (1))
Contract: fixed term Contract
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
IT data assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for HYAC staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist HYAC staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of information management, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Daily follow up with HYAC’s network and camera control updates.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous
- Improvement of IT services.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
IT data assistant Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of microcomputer operations;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Windows based networking environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based back office and desktop applications;
- Knowledge of basic telecommunications technologies and Internet based protocols.
IT data assistant Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or another relevant field from an accredited university.
- At least 2 years work experience with humanitarian organization NNGOs /INGOs .
- Strong knowledge in analyzing Information Systems.
- Proven experience in MS tools such as Oracle forms, reports, and APEX.
- Practical experience in web application development.