HYAC has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 1990. Using right-based approaches, HYAC has mainly focused on internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods, construction/ rehabilitation, health, shelter and education. HYAC has 6 main offices in Sana’a, Aden, Hodeida, Taiz, hudramount and Socotra as a several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, HYAC is seeking the services of a qualified Project assistant to support our emergency response.
Job Title: Project assistant
Location: (Aden (1))
Contract: fixed term Contract
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Project assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Track incoming/outgoing files in the system and keep in the filing room when not in use by staff, in line with SOPs.
- File correspondence/documents in the physical file and enter data in the database.
- Ensure that an orderly and systematic filing system is maintained in the filing room (active and closed) for efficient and timely retrieval of files, in lien with the Office SoPs.
- Ensure that the File tracking system is properly used by all staff in the office and that file movement within the office and between users is properly recorded in the system.
- Ensure that the data which are mainly related to concern project and persons of concern to HYAC are correctly entered into the computer database and filed in the physical individual file.
- Receive record and forward incoming correspondence and manage its proper distribution to the responsible officers.
- Draft routine correspondence and respond to queries relating to area of responsibility.
- May be required to assist the protection and refugee status determination Unit with maintaining and updating the interview schedule as well as communicating with applicant regarding their scheduled appointment.
- Ensure the general maintenance and smooth running of the filing room, i.e. physical arrangement, cleanliness and security.
- Make recommendations relating to the organization of the filing system.
- Perform other related duties as required assigned by finance officer
- Provide functional and administrative support in implementing participatory approaches, needs assessments, monitoring, reporting and case management.
- Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics within the Area of Responsibility.
- Select PoC for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
- Enforce integrity in the delivery of protection services by local implementing partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with all members of an organization.
- Solid verbal communication skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to priorities work.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with multiple software packages such as: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Understanding of Office Management systems.
- Knowledge of General Administration procedures.
Project assistant Skills and Specifications
- Demonstrated computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Excellent command of Arabic language skills required and English language skills desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Discipline and punctuality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Maintains focus on priorities.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country.
- Able to work under pressure and in remote areas.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
Project assistant Education and Qualifications
- Degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in relevant position.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.