Position: Field Coordinator
Contract: 3 months
Location : Dhamar
Responsibilities & Core Functions
Key Responsibilities/Tasks Description:
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency activities within the Area Management, and the timely provision of situation reports.
- Ensure emergency (RRM) activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, host government, and other principle stakeholders including the local authorities where present.
- Represent RRM in meetings with government officials, cluster members in govern, other NGOs …etc. as required and ensure circulation of minutes to relevant actors.
- Ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities. Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents related to RRM.
- In collaboration with Field team and support staff, play a lead role in design and development RRM emergency project as required.
- Support in the development of contingency and RRM emergency response plans and managing any associated budgets, as appropriate.
- Closely monitor events in humanitarian issues, in order to update and adjust program activities and approaches, when necessary.
- Conduct regular reviews of progress against indicators, lessons learned, and challenges encountered, in order to ensure the achievement of performance targets and adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor
- Ensure quality implementation of RRM at field level taking into consideration appropriate response modalities and the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Collect data, prepare and submit required reports for RRM project, monthly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports, and others.
- Support development and monitoring of RRM emergency budgets, and provide emergency field teams with regular updates on available budgets to guide implementation.
- Lead on the development on detailed implementation plan (DIP) activities and M&E data with the aim of improving existing approaches and identifying opportunities for innovation in RRM responses.
- Coordinating the RRM with other humanitarian partners possessing emergency response capacity to avoid overlapping/facilitate synergies.
- Write rapid needs assessment reports using defined RRM format, and within established deadlines, providing clear operational recommendations.
- Review existing assessment tools and propose improvements/ adjustments to the Emergency Coordinator as necessary and in line with the RRM mandate.
- Participating in relevant coordination forums to share updates on the RRM (methodology, tools, results, operations, etc.)
- Following up with the Clusters and other inter-agency forums, on the recommendations produced by the RRM to increase coverage of needs (where gaps identified).
- Link with the M&E team to facilitate external monitoring of the project and take corrective actions where necessary
- Link with the M&E team to facilitate the roll out of a feedback and complaint mechanism as part of the RRM
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the program management or area office teams according to the needs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience working as a technical expert in the area Emergency Food Distribution, Shelter/NFI– ideally combined with experience in RRM Distribution.
- Good knowledge of Dhamar districts.
- Advanced degree in social science or any related field related to Food security, WASH or Shelter
- Prior work experience in I/NGO in project coordination.
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency setting, involving internal displacement
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with Assessment monitoring tools and systems
- Admin/finance skills
- Strong representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions