Area Office Cleaner-Dhamar
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been presented in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Office Cleaner.
Contract Type: Fixed term.
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable depending on fund and performance.
- Ensure a good ACTED representation, and as such be always polite, professional and resourceful;
- keep offices and corridors tidy;
- Keep the hygiene and tidiness of kitchen and make sure the refrigerator is clean all the time;
- Clean the kitchen after each time of meals every day;
- Clean toilets 3 times a day;
- Clean the carpets with vacuum cleaner at least twice a week;
- Take garbage from the rooms twice and ensure the garbage is collected by collector regularly
- Clean window glasses twice a month;
- Clean the doors monthly;
- Prepare coffee/tea during the day for guests;
- Ensure good condition of the meeting rooms before and after and assist in prior refreshment preparation;
- Wash towels daily;
- Keep the yard and the roof clean once a month;
- Supervise and accompany the procurement of refreshments;
- Respond quickly and effectively to any sanitation-related emergencies;
- Report to supervisors ahead in case of absence;
- Extend other assistance to the department when required.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
- Maintain the confidentiality of internal ACTED materials, procedures, and information and only disclose such with the written approval of management.
- Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisors.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Education: Literate.
- Minimum working experience: 1/2 Years in the same field.
- Good in both English and Arabic.
- Reliability, Honestly, Punctuality, and Commitment.
- Good awareness of hygiene and safety.