Vacancy Announcement – Admin & HR Assistant-Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Admin & HR Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Assist in preparing administrative documents such as internal notes, letters.
- Control and check attendance sheets and supporting documentation (attachments)for all national staff with ensuring all are checked by and approved by including the overtime.
- Keep the attendance sheets up-to-date and produce monthly attendance reports.
- Maintain a clear record of staff's attendance and leave days;
- Follow up of staff appraisal form, and new contract/contract renewals with relevant department managers.
- Follow up of ACTED HR standard templates in line with ACTED HR Manual/Internal regulations.
- Following the medical insurance of the staff and their family members and ensure their signatures when received.
- Ensuring ACTED ID of the staff and ensure their signatures when received.
- Update the Organization Charts (by base, by project, by department)
- Prepare vacancy announcements for junior national staff in the office and follow up with the recruitment.
- Cross check with Finance to ensure budget is available for new recruitments.
- Ensure that RSRs and TORs are prepared by the line manager prior to the release of the vacancy announcement.
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear long/short list for successful candidates.
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by the relevant department, after short-listing.
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in the ACTED HR Manual.
- Prepare employment documents for staff and collect all information required for the contracts (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.).
- Preparation of the contracts for Fixed Term contracted staff and Interns application.
Filing and Archiving:
- Assist HR/Admin officer in ACTED Admin/HR filing system (include official correspondences, governmental documents follow-up, recruitment process documents, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining thorough personal folders for national staff ensuring occurring updates.
- Keep updating the filing template on weekly basis.
- File documents in the personal staff folders and make sure that they are kept up-to-date.
- Meticulously name and classify each file/document stored in computer, to insure easy access.
- Follow up with all departments for any missing documents and make sure that all required documents are fully completed, by creating excel sheet database (Checklist) – to ensure proper follow up and report any missing documents.
- Maintain electronic/hardcopy filing for staff files particularly for contracts, extensions and amendments.
- Archive and file all HR and Administrative Documents.
- Prepare the required documents in case of external/internal audit, under supervision of the line supervisor.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least one year of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel).