Job Title: Cashier
Classification Level: C2
Organizational Unit : Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
Report To: Project Finance Of
Technical Support : Project Coordinator
Duty Station: YRCS Headquarters, Sana’a
Duration of Assignment: 1 Year
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) has maintained a long term partnership with the Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) since 2004. The DRC support in Yemen, through the YRCS, has been on community emergency and developmental projects covering programmatic areas on health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH), Psychosocial Support (PSS), and Disaster Preparedness and Response.
In consortium with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), DRC, will implement the European Union EU ECHO funded project in Amran. The project entitled “Integrated WASH, Protection, and Psychosocial Support to Vulnerable Communities in Yemen through the Enhanced Capacities of YRCS (InWAPPS)” will be implemented for a period of 18 months and will focus on thematic areas of Health, WASH, Psychosocial Support and Protection.
The Cashier will be responsible for providing finance related support to the project team in implementation of the project.
Job duties and responsibilities
The “Cashier ” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Handles cash transactions between staff and branches with finance dept.
- Informs the staff about the working advance and the clearance needs.
- Providing support on financial/working advance for any workshop and trainings conducted at the headquarters
- Adhere to the YRCS regulation like transport fees, per diem and other benefits
- Follow up with respective staff on pending working advance
- Follow up the bank issues and exchange rate
- Carry out payment voucher and receipt voucher
- Prepare the cash book and bank book in monthly basis for project
- Provide monthly report to her/his line manager
- Any other tasks requested by his/her line manager (finance officer)
VALUES and COMPETENCIES
- Respect and act in line with the YRCS staff regulations and code of conduct and the fundamental principles and Values of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- Ensure management competencies to manage performance in a way that enables the YRCS to achieve its objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
Certification and Education Required
- Diploma education in accounting or similar knowledge learned.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience with organizations accounting procedures, NGOs preferred
- Experience in working on EU funded projects, ECHO, DEVCO will be an added advantage
- Familiar with one or more accounting systems
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- Good spoken and written in English would be an added advantage
- Good computer (Office i.e. excel, word, power point presentation) skills – required
- Honest and open to constructive feedback
- Good organizational skills
- Cooperative attitude
- Flexibility to adjust to the organizational needs and constraints, and to the needs of the recipients
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and work well as individual as well as a part of the team work