The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: HR Assistant
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: HR Officer.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: 31st January 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and maintain all staff record and individual files including contracts, leaves, appraisals etc.
- Provide HR administrative support, preparing of advertisements, receiving and filing applications, inviting candidates for interview, organizing interview venues, issuance of new staff identification cards – IDS, during staff recruitment process.
- Prepare letter of appointment and update staff history of all employees,
- Upon completion of the selection process, inform selected candidates on the terms and conditions of employment and necessary documentation to be submitted
- Assist new staff member to fill out all necessary human resources files.
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees as assigned.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist on payroll preparation by compiling and reviewing relevant documents such as attendance sheets, salary advance vouchers.
- Assist staff in clarifying the HR policies, processes, procedures and standard SDF practices.
- Undertake and maintain HR archives in accordance with the SDF regulations.
- Communicate with relevant staff at the base as needed.
- Performs Other duties requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in a relevant Field.
- At least one year of experience in similar position, preferably with an INGO.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral and written).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.