Position: Data Entry
Job site: Lahj (Kharaz )
Report to: DC coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
General context of the project
The project "Enhancing protection and assistance to refugees and asylum seekers in the Southern Region - Yemen” will provide refugees and asylum seekers in South Yemen, with a comprehensive protection assistance package to respond to their most urgent protection needs, in addition to help them to realize voluntary return for Somali refugees.
The project will cover Aden-Basateen, Lahj-Kharaz and Hadhramout-Mukalla/Sayoun, in addition to outreach in Shabwa, Abyan, Al-Dhale’a, and Al-Mahra in South Yemen (and Taiz) and will target the most vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers affected by the crisis as part of a holistic approach towards vulnerability and non-discrimination.
This project provides for a comprehensive case management package for SGBV, CP and PwSN that comprises identification, counseling, cash assistance, legal assistance, NFI, internal and external referrals and follow-up. The activities also include support to unaccompanied and separated children (UASC), including alternative care systems, community mobilization and social services, and self-reliance activities (from TVET angle). INTERSOS is running 4 drop-in centers, one community center and two return help desks (RHD) to assist Somali refugees in voluntary repatriation to their country of origin. Additional mainstreaming component are protection monitor and community engagement supporting in capacity building 2 local NGOs and refugees committees.
Moreover the programme covers legal assistance and detention monitoring in 6 governorates: Taiz, Al-Dhalea, Shabwa, Lahj, Hadramout and Al Mahra.
Purpose / Objectives:
The Data Entry is responsible for processing, management and reporting of case management data regarding: the identification and assessment of GBV, CP and PWSN cases.
Main Responsibilities of the Data Entry:
- Fill the weekly report (databases) with the data regarding: the identification and assessment.
- Check reports from lawyers and liaise with the team to make the necessary corrections if needed.
- Collect and manage databases professionally: data collection, insertion.
- Collaborate with the activity Coordinator to provide information for the monthly and ad hoc reports;
- Update on a weekly basis the internal databases for all the activities and share it with the activity Coordinator, PM assistant and Project Manager.
- Prepare/update monthly overview of cases and ensure a regular analysis of this data;
- Assist in providing information and analysis for the bi-annual trend analysis on cases
- Translate any documents related to the activities implementation when requested by the DC coordinator.
- Translate the intake forms (CM) BIA, BID and social assessment from Arabic into English.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and do not disclose any information related to work
- Attend trainings when requested by the Activity Coordinator;
- Any other task requested by the coordinator.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in data processing and/or data management;
- Familiarity with protection principles, standards and procedures, terminology;
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in excel;
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK programmes for smart tool data collection would be as asset;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;