Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Driver (05 Positions)
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : M 2
Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC), MPH Monthly 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2021.027
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Saturday 30th January 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Logistics Assistant (Transportation), the incumbent, will be responsible for the following duties. In particular, she/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation for IOM staff as required.
- Ensure adequate level of fuel and minimum running conditions of the vehicle.
- Day to day maintenance and cleaning of the vehicle, checking oil, water, battery, tyre pressure and attendance to routine repairs.
- Delivering of letters / mail / packages on behalf of IOM as requested.
- Operate and maintain emergency communication equipment’s (VHF/UHF radios) in vehicle and ensure the accurate equipment and emergency supplies are always in the vehicle.
- Maintain vehicle log book by daily recording vehicle movements, fuel consumption and mileage done. Alerting supervisors of any repairs done to vehicle.
- Behave properly with staff members and assists them in entering and leaving the vehicle. May assist with baggage handling and with umbrella in foul weather. (Note: In high risk assignments, the security driver is required to remain behind the wheel at all times, and others on the protection detail open doors, handle luggage and umbrellas, etc.)
- Obey all traffic laws and limits
- Respond to medical emergencies occurring to passengers in route
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Assign any other task by supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- A minimum of advanced level education is required; Valid Heavy & Light Vehicle Driver’s License;
- Minimum five years relevant work experience; preferably in a humanitarian agency;
English and Arabic
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.