Child Protection Program Coordinator (Aden & Lahj)
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the CP program implementation in Aden and Lahj and provide technical and managerial support to program staff to ensure smooth implementation. The Program coordinator will focus on coordinate SC effort with relevant stakeholder and partners to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of SCI work.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With the support of the Child protection Program Manager, oversee the technical implementation of the Child protection Program in Aden and Lahj and ensure the timely delivery of the projects activities with Quality.
- Develop weekly and monthly work plan for Child protection projects in Aden and Lahj and support Officers in preparing individual weekly work plans and review his/her performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Actively contribute to the planning of field visits and supervision checklists in advance of trips and report back to the Program Manager.
- In collaboration with the Child protection Program Manager and Projects officers develops detail implementation plan and ensure that projects is being implemented according to budget, time and quality parameters of Save the Children SC.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- Develop weekly transportation plans, prepare and follow-up Procurement Requests for trainings and procurement.
- Responsible for projects delivery, including the day-to-day management of projects site activities and volunteers.
- Responsible on tracking the projects expanses and follow up on daily basis in collaboration with projects officers.
- Manage the projects spending and review the BvA accordingly to make sure that the expanses are being posted and expanses are on track with the projects lifetime.
- Support the direct implementation of the projects activities technically such as the training of teachers and school personals, community mobilization activities, Child protection activities including the distribution the different materials to beneficiaries.
- Conduct the relevant technical assessment to assess the capacity of the beneficiaries in the targeted schools and design capacity building program accordingly and provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidelines and materials.
- Ensure activities are completed within time and report any concerns to the Program Manager.
- Conduct regular visits to projects sites to provide technical guidance/support and identify issues that need timely action and support at different levels
- Identify and report challenges to remove any obstacle that might arise during projects implementation and communicate these challenges to the Program Manager.
- Input in monthly activity reports as well as in stock consumption/inventory, and distribution plan
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, CPCs, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as local NGOs, community based organizations in the implementation of the Child protection projects in Aden and Lahj.
- In collaboration with all relevant Child protection personnel, engage with children and adolescents to effectively monitor the implementation and impact of the CPiE and EiE programme on children’s issues, including issues of Child protection access and quality according to children’s needs
- Coordination with other SC sectors for programs integrations.
Supervise and Manage Staff
- Provide technical and operational support to the Child protection officers, assistants and volunteers.
- Ensure that staff understands their responsibilities and their tasks.
- When requested, conduct/facilitate a training for the staff according to the need in related in CPiE.
- Ensure staff and volunteers understanding of Child Safeguarding policy and report any concerns.
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities of team members for the purpose of his/her development
- Works to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of individuals are harnessed to achieve individuals and organisational success
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
- Implement M&E systems in the projects site s/he is responsible for, and ensure that the agreed tools are used properly.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits according to requirements and plans then report back with the findings to the Program Manager.
- Facilitate/Conduct CP and/or Education assessments and report back to the Program Manager
- Actively monitor Child protection projects activities, ensuring quality of Save the Children’s programme, reporting and flagging concerns PM
- Ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming
Collaboration and Representation
- Fosters collaborative, transparent and accountable relationships through partners
- Uses negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes
- Represent Save the Children in a professional manner.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including MoE, MoSAL, MOPIC, Protection and Education cluster participates in relevant meetings.
- Collaboration with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate
- Identify capacity building needs of FFP field staff and appropriate opportunities to support staff development through mentorship and coaching;
- Support FFP field staff to set development objectives that contributes to personal achievement and achievement of FFP project deliverables.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning
- Ensure that Save the Children's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and take a leadership role within coordination meeting in the area, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed.
- Advocate that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Able to access and analyse key issues in the humanitarian situation and formulate actions around them
- Actively engages in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation
- Leads on the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts
- Undertakes effective risk assessments and develops contingency plans
- Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Qualified Child protection professional with experience for at least 5 years in managing and implementing Child protection programs (preferably in an Emergency field).
- Training skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work with a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in word and excel
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Very Good English language skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”