Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duration: Till March 31, 2021 renewable based on fund availability and performance
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the day-to-day operations covering financial accounting services, which include accounts payable, reconciliation of inputs and verifying accuracy of all transactions entered in the NS system, processing payments of vendor invoices, advances, travel claims, preparation of journal, and month-end accounts closing update as per RI policies and procedures.
- Check project’s payment claims and prepare payment vouchers, and cash transfers while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documents.
- Ensure that all payments are properly coded to be recorded against the grant and complete authorization of respective budget holders as per RI’s thresholds of approval.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are supported by documents for disbursement of cash to suppliers, contractors, beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all bookings in the system are done on a daily basis for the project and in strict compliance with guidelines to include advances and pre-payments.
- Follow up on the advances and ensure their clearance on timely basis.
- Assist Finance officer to ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task and transaction.
- Keep record of all cash and advances on excel worksheet, update and reconcile every day.
- Ensure all required documents are attached, calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made before payment as per RI authority matrix.
- Scan and upload all completed financial transactions on a daily basis ad keep updated report on the statues of the uploading process, and to be submitted to the Finance Officer on Weekly basis.
- Prepare cash, and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
- Ensure that all vouchers are kept properly in both hard and soft copies and properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner.
- Prepare the payrolls for all project related payments
- Assist the finance team during Internal or external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Maintains payee statement records and reconciliation for all suppliers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in finance functions.
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation.
- Understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty.
- Language skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation