اليمن - صنعاء
|المكان||اليمن - صنعاء|
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking three Technical Leads - one for Iraq, one for Syria, and one for Yemen - for an anticipated U.S. Department of State-funded project in Syria, Iraq, and Yemen. The project will focus on working with stakeholders to understand and support access to accurate information in the region as well as across the project countries.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project activities in the assigned country. She/he work closely with the HQ team, the Grants Manager, Finance Manager and Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the project. He/she will have overall responsibility for the quality implementation of activities om each country and provide evidence-based, timely and responsive implementation leadership to the project, ensure program targets are met. S/he will oversee the grants work in-country and will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid prioritization of activities.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Technical Leads will report to a HQ-based Project Director.
- Provide thought leadership and program management experience to strengthen the program's main objectives and support the programmatic results;
- Propose, put in place, and oversee mechanisms to ensure that activity development and implementation are in line with activity aims and program objectives, and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes;
- Directly oversee the activities implementations to make sure project conducts are all in compliance to Creative policy and client's regulations;
- Directly oversee the coordination mechanism between the Program, and the in-country local partners, ensuring activity development and clearance keeps pace with demand and remains compliant with program strategy and rules/regulations;
- Guide local partners in the field on activity development and design where necessary;
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting coordinating with the Project Manager and Project Director to ensure project specific objectives are met;
- In laboration with the Project Director and Grants Manager, develop and put in place Knowledge Management functions for the program, supporting the commissioning of research efforts as part of the project M&E portfolio, establishing feedback processes to ensure that activity lessons and research outcomes routinely feed into and inform the activity design process;
- Travel to other local cities in the assigned country on as needed basis to ensure that activities are conducted in line with the approved workplan; and
- Perform additional tasks as reasonably assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and up to eight (8) years of relevant experience, or a master's degree and five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Previous experience working in media related projects in the region;
- Experience working with citizen engagement and oversight of political processes, especially as they relate to democratic process and access to accurate information;
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies;
- Experience in an international development donor funded setting and interacting with project stakeholders;
- Experience in writing reports; developing and monitoring action plans and quality control mechanisms;
- Experience organizing and managing program/project knowledge/information;
- Strong writing and editing skills; excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines; ability to travel regionally on short notice;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, etc.); ]
- Fluency in English and Arabic; and
- Eligibility to work in the countries above (Syria, Yemen and Iraq).