Data Entry & Reporting (2)
|تاريخ النشر||٢٣ أبريل ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||اليمن - Al Jawf, Ma'rib|
Job Title: DATA ENTRY & REPORTING (2)
Classification Level: As per YRCS salary Scale.
Organizational Unit : Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) HQ
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Project Manager
Technical Manager’s Title : Data Base Officer
Duty Station: 1 Marib + 1 Al-Jawaf
Duration of Assignment: Initially 11 Months
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The YRCS strategic plan has set a vision “protect human dignity, save lives and promote the wellbeing of vulnerable people”. In line with its vision, a mission statement has been developed along with five strategic objectives to build resilient communities through various development initiatives primarily in the field of Health/ Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Disaster Management (DM), Protection Management .
Currently, the Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS), in partnership with the United Nations (OCHA), is implementing the protection and shelter services for displaced and vulnerable groups in the governorates of Marib and Al Jouf, which aims at providing protection services to displaced people and their host communities such as providing psychological, legal, Therefore, the project needs to employ a DATA ENTRY & REPORTING who has the following tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager in Branch, the Data ENTRY officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of Protection project activities. The (DE) will be in charge of Data entry for project
Job duties and responsibilities
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Checking the data after it is entered, validated, usable in cases or associated functions, and inform the project manager of any problems that may affect the quality of the data in terms of accuracy, completeness, relevance, inconsistency, punctuality and timeliness
- Organize files, documents for ease of classification, and classifying them in the sections assigned to them .
- keep records of all field reports and convey to relevant clusters and relevant stakeholders results of the conducted activities
- He/She will keep a database of beneficiaries , data entry all the data regarding the beneficiaries (names , age .sex, Number location , status..etc )
- review all the data collected from the field team through the field staff at the districts level
- provide a report to the project manager and assist in collecting data disaggregated (women, men, boys and girls) according to the need , as the percentage of male to female
- Data Entry will be responsible of Hot Line duties
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Summarize the daily field staff reports and share them with the Data base Assistant
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Making weekly / monthly reports - Quarterly on the extent to which the database is updated and processing a summary on the level of achievement of project activities.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Any other tasks that require the management of the Foundation and the project
- University degree in information management or any other related field.
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Very good in both written and spoken English.
- Proficient typing skills, computer skills and a knowledge of relevant software packages
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and structured way of approaching task
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in a stressful environment
- Red Cross Red Crescent work experience, including disaster management/Protection management; work experience with I/NGOs.