Job Title: CRA Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Handle the implementation of client feedback channels that are relevant to clients and to field staff. These include design and administration of data collection, focus group discussions (FGD) and reactive feedback mechanisms, consolidating client feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and reporting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond. The position holder recording and monitoring feedback and closing the case with clients to discuss the decisions taken and to receive and respond to additional feedback and questions.
The job holder will be responsible for the feedback channel for all the areas, conducting field visit, surveys, FGD, individual meeting as well as crafting reports and support the staff.
Position report to: CRA Senior Officer
S/he will be in coordination with Education team, CRA Manager, and M&E team,
Feedback Planning and Implementation
- Ensure that the feedback channels for all areas are in place and appropriate for the affected population: this may include conducting field visits, surveys and facilitating FGD, running individual meetings with communities.
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per project result, including limitations and challenges.
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established mechanisms for children and adults and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitate access and provide support and input to specialist external consultancy firms running surveys and dialogues with clients.
- Provide support, advice and training, where applicable for the management of client’s feedback.
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response
- Ensure that feedback from all feedback mechanisms is collected and reported.
- Aggregate and disaggregate client feedback (according to gender, age, status, disability, sector, risk-level and other clients appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the education team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the education program team will need to have an appropriate response;
- Analyze key themes, challenges and opportunities for education program improvement.
- Keep a record of how client feedback has been responded to through information collection and data analysis.
- Make sure the feedback loop with clients is closed within the agreed timeline to acknowledge their feedback, respond to them about what the IRC has done in response to feedback.
- Report on the number of cases that are closed/responded to and timeliness of response.
Human Resource Management
- Support the M&E Assistants in the CR related aspects.
- Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit.
Coordination and Representation
- Under the direction of the supervisor, the CRA officer will work closely with the education manager and project team for support on areas of CRA and establishment of feedback Mechanisms.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC Education program.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (e.g. International Relations, Development, Anthropology, Sociology, English, Information Management, Computer, and Statistics).
- Experience in analyzing and showing data in a way that facilitates effective decision making.
- Ability to establish relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point.
- Self-directed and prioritize multiple demands and commitments, and to work flexibly in a team.
- Innovative, curiosity installing and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills, good spoken and writing of concise reports in English and Arabic.
The position will be based in Al Dhale`e with frequent travel to service delivery sites. Applicants from Al Dhale’e will be given preference when all other qualifications are equal.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation