|Posted date||26 September 2019|
|Location||Yemen - Shabwah|
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Office Coordinator
Duration: Till November 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Finance Assistant (FA) will work in the field office Shabwa and will report administratively to the Office Coordinator and technically to the Finance Officer/Coordinator at the Area office Aden. FA’s prime responsibility is to implement, improve and maintain financial policies, systems, structures, and procedures as well as ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the project sub-office financial affairs in Shabwa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Prepares the monthly financial report based on the accounting application, with all necessary justifying documentation (invoice, bank drafts and bank exchange).
- Ensures a regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
- Carries out the calculation of the payroll
- Maintains payment record of all invoices received.
- Maintains payee statement records for all suppliers.
- Carries out payments of all regular area office expenses such as office rental, telephone bills, advances, etc.
- Follow up on the advances and ensure their clearance on timely basis
- Prepares the planning of the financial needs for forthcoming periods.
- Ensures sufficient availability of funds in the office bank accounts and cash
- Maintains the petty cash box, with all due accounting and security precautions
- Support the day-to-day operations covering financial accounting services, which include accounts payable, reconciliation of inputs and verifying accuracy of all transactions entered in the QB system, processing of travel claims, preparation of journal, and month-end accounts closing update.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Support the day-to-day operations covering financial accounting services, which include accounts payable, reconciliation of inputs and verifying accuracy of all transactions entered in the QB system, processing of travel claims, preparation of journal, and month-end accounts closing update
- Daily booking of all transactions and reconciliation of cash and bank balances.
- Ensure that all bookings in cash-books are done on a daily basis for all projects and in strict compliance with guidelines to include advances and pre-payments.
- Maintain a schedule for payment of utilities and lease agreements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Knowledge of standard accounting procedures.
- Working Experience in QuickBooks is preferable.
- At least one year experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with international non-governmental organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences.
- Excellent team players, and be willing to work in a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Fluency in English language is a plus.
- Computer literacy with outstanding skills in using MS Excel.
- Previous experience working in field offices is preferable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation