These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
The overall purpose of the post is to provide support in planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting (day-to-day work) of WFP nutrition program in Hajjah governorate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of nutrition activities and monitoring processes as per approved project documents;
- Provide support to nutrition program to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets and timely following WFP’s policies/procedures and/or agreed country level/cluster targets;
- Responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly/final reports and data analysis (e.g. nutrition assistance, resource utilization, program status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality assurance;
- Focal point for timely recording and finalization of cooperating partner distribution reports and related data entry into the corporate system. Ensure record keeping and maintenance to make the data/knowledge available for internal and external reports;
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities and address issues in WFP systems (MEF and HTS);
CONT: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
6. Assist supervisor in coordination and communication with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate analysis and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance;
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the specified technical area of responsibility;
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis;
9. Act as a point of referral for nutrition supplies planning, timely dispatches/deliveries/distribution and efficient utilization. Regularly liaise with logistic unit to address issues in transportation and delayed dispatches;
10. Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience: At least 5 (five years of experience in programme with technical teams, (nutrition VAM...);
- Education: Completion of secondary school education; A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Fluency in English and Arabic (level C written and spoken);
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.