To provide a full range of skilful site maintenance services including installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment/appliances to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Plan, coordinate and provide a full range of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventive maintenance (e.g. for generators, water heaters, water pumps, etc.) is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment.
2. Coordinate portering and cleaning services, to ensure organized, safe and clean work environment.
3. Support deployment of and provide technical supervision to external contractors, to facilitate efficient and cost-effective servicing or intervention for any major electrical installations, maintenance or repairs.
4. Install, maintain and repair all kinds of electrical equipment and appliances including wiring and distribution systems, to ensure safe and reliable working environment in compliance with electrical standards.
5. Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems and components, to ensure all installations meet established safety standards.
6. Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines.
7. Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
8. Contribute to evaluation of required installation/repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to support efficient and cost-effective site maintenance services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Demonstrated qualification in electricity. Completion of technical/vocational school or electrical certification is desirable.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible and proven effective experience in planning and executing specialized electrical installations, maintenance and repair work, and at least one year at G3 level or equivalent.
Languages: Fluency in English & Arabic (level C written and spoken)
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Knowledge & Skills: • Good knowledge of how to read and understand blue prints and technical diagrams.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly including ability to perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems.
• Ability to carry out installation of the equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
• Ability to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
• Ability to maintain accurate and precise records.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team and provide technical supervision to other staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members