Position: Project Manager
Job Location: Aden with regular field travel to South of Al-Hudaydah, Al-Dhale'e and Abyan
Report to: FMF Senior Management - Donor
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Under UNHCR partnership and funds, FMF is implementing a protection project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’ to respond and address the protection needs of IDPs, Returnees and conflict-affected community in South of Al-Hudaydah, Al-Dhale'e, and Abyan.
The Project Manager will oversee and manage the entire project, including the coordination and completion of project activities on time within budget and within scope ensuring the compliance with donor rules and regulations as well as meeting the beneficiaries needs; The incumbent will also oversee all aspects of projects including financial and program planning, logistical components of the project, ensuring quality, timeliness, appropriateness and effectiveness, and high quality reporting; Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project; Prepare quality reports for FMF Senior Management and donor on achievements and progress of project.
Position key responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of the project in accordance with proposal, donor agreement and FMF's policies and guidelines, and ensure projects are implemented to a high quality, on time and against agreed work plans and achieve desired results, ensure accurate delivery of the definition of project scope and objectives to all project staff, and technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for smooth and timely implementation of activities within budget and scope.
- Undertake responsibility to motivate and lead a diverse and a high number of project staff, develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with all project staff and appropriate monitoring tools and strategy to monitor the progress and quality and impact of the project and its implementation.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks, and proactively create urgent solutions and contingency plans for problems that may affect the progress of work, and keep project staff committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
- Undertake to prepare and submit accurate, informative and quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports and work plans, as per the set-out schedule in accordance with donor’s regulations and requirements.
- Maintain and foster good relationships and strong external and internal representation with other INGOs, NNGOs, relevant clusters and local authorities in areas of responsibility (AoR).
- Collaborate with the finance, programs and logistics teams to ensure that the project is effectively monitored against approved outputs and budgets and ensure the preparation and regular updating of activity plans, the project budget and procurement plans.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by line management.
- A university degree in in social sciences, law or any other relevant subject or any related field.
- 3 years of experience working with I/NGOs in the protection sector, with prior seniority of project management experience.
- Knowledge of working with clusters, UN Agencies and aspects of mainstreaming and accountability, and demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts.
- Prior familiarity with the implementation of protection projects (solid technical knowledge required).
- Ability to plan and organize work within a fluid working environment and has the capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical, solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, Project Management and organizational development for staffs.
- Flexible to regular field site travel and overnight stays in areas of intervention.
- Ability and willingness to network with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in providing training and support to project staff, and good foundation of monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues and specifically FMF’s approach to and role in protection work including analysis and advocacy.
- Understanding of the Protection Cluster and other protection coordination mechanisms and the roles and mandates of key protection actors.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking including experience developing written analysis and strategies for protection.
- Experience in supervising field staff in challenging situations, carrying out professional team management, and providing capacity-building and training, including a supportive working style.
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills, and demonstrated professional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility and understanding of local communities and customary rules.
- Prior experience in working and/or coordinating with other humanitarian organizations.
- Native Arabic and strong English skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and skills of computer and prior experience working with smart data collection tools such as KoBo, and respect confidentiality of data and information.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of FMF.
- Be available for regular trainings provided by FMF and support in identifying staff training needs.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in stressful environment, punctuality and respect for rules and procedures, and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.