Job Title: Protection Reporting Officer
Location: Al Hodeida
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance
Date of Issue: 27 March 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 31 March 2021
Jeel Albena is a National Humanitarian and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. Jeel Albena has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet and Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and it works towards finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting communities through the community center in the city.
The community center offers multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a Reporting Officer to be in charge of collecting data and verifying its accurateness, preparing monthly and ad hoc reports upon request by using the specific tools provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and check weekly reports from various colleagues; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Manage large amounts of data from excel files and databases, extract relevant information and provide prompt follow up to related staff;
- Ensure that databases are up to date and matching with activities and reporting, while ensuring that data are ready and clean for analysis;
- Produce qualitative and quantitative monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the Project Manager;
- Ensure Activity Info (UNHCR indicator monitoring platform) is updated on a monthly basis and within donor’s deadline.
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;
- Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools upon request of donor, clusters, working groups;
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the PM any particular trend or protection risk identified;
- Support the data-entry staff in ensuring all databases are updated and clean, while sensitive data is adequately protected;
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- Any other tasks or duties assigned to him within the scope of this job.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in reporting with INGOs / NGOs, if for protection-related programming this will be considered as an asset.
- Familiarity with smart data collection and KoBo/ODK tools.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to use Microsoft package (MS Office) especially excel.
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic protection principles and confidentiality.
- Initiative and has the ability to plan, organize, follow-up and archive.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and genuine interest in the work of INGO.
- Ability to work in a team spirit.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.