Job Title: SMC Area Coordinator (5)
Location: Al Hodeida
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance
Date of Issue: 25 March 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 30 March 2021
Jeel Albena is a National Humanitarian and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. Jeel Albena has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah & Almahweet with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and it works towards finding durable solutions for them upon return.
- Develop SMC (Site Management and Coordination) strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines.
- Coordinate and manage CCCM project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Contribute with consortium members to harmonize the site management and coordination approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Provide all SMC staff with frameworks for the identification of SMC-related needs and gaps.
- Identify priorities, plan and assist in the implementation of the project.
- Deliver technical support and guidance to the SMC teams, including formal training / capacity building and on-the-job coaching.
- Ensure the quality of planning, implementation, follow up and lessons learned within all project activities.
- Develop and maintain good relations with persons of concern, stakeholders, and other humanitarian actors to support adequate implementation and coordination of the project activities.
- Advise on compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, timeliness, use of resources) and provide recommendations to achieve project targets and indicators.
- Improve the quality control and site monitoring procedures to ensure that CM services are provided according to the required standards as per the national cluster and consortium guidelines.
- Promote an integrated – multi-sector approach to service delivery in IDP hosting sites.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully consulted, and appropriately involved during assessments and humanitarian response.
- Ensure proper implementation of SMC activities within the site to avoid duplication and to work as a team for the benefit of IDPs.
- To enhance capacity of national and local authorities and service providers in SMC in order to improve standards within the IDPs hosting sites.
- To promote community participation in SMC by strengthening IDP self-governing structures for accountability and responsive decision making.
- Ensuring that the standards agreed upon for assistance are adhered to.
- Ensuring the implementation of referring gaps on protection and assistance to the sub-national level.
- Promotion of protection principles and age as well as gender mainstreaming approaches.
- Coordinate the operational entities, provision and access to services and protection in accordance with international standards aimed at guaranteeing the dignity of people and equitable access to basic services and fundamental rights.
- Ensure that gaps are addressed, besides coordinating and monitoring service provision at the IDPs hosting sites is being held.
- Deliver technical support to the SMC information management unit, and develop the assessments forms and reports.
- Establish an effective communication systems and mechanisms.
- Ensure that IDPs are consulted and appropriately involved in all phases of humanitarian response.
- Ensure an appropriate support to local authorities including capacity building.
- Ensure the registration of incoming and outgoing IDPs.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- Working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in coordination with government authorities, clusters, national NGOs, international NGOs and UN.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to motivate staff effectively.
- Ability to represent Jeel Al Bena in high-level meetings with donors and local authorities.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.