POSITION: Senior Partnerships Operations Officer
LOCATION: Aden, Yemen – with travel throughout Yemen
JOB BAND: 8A
START DATE: April 1, 2021 (dependent on funding approval from donor)
DURATION: 6 months (with likely extension possibilities)
REPORTS TO: Partnerships Coordinator with technical line to the Supply Chain Coordinator and Humanitarian Access and Safety Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC Yemen currently operates in eight governorates in the south and north through direct programming and local partnerships in Health, WASH/EH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery & Development (ERD), Education, Child Protection, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE). The current portfolio is comprised of 11 active grants from nine different donors, with a total overall value of more than $41 million USD. The IRC began working with local partners in Yemen in 2017 with current / upcoming partnerships in Northern and Southern areas of Yemen, in Health, WPE, and Emergency Preparedness and Response.
The Senior Partnerships Operations Officer (SPOO) is a key position for the Partnerships Department (PD). In line with the IRC’s Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results (PEER) System, which is IRC’s guiding document for working with partners, the SPOO will provide support to the PD and partners in relation to Supply Chain (SC) and Humanitarian Access and Safety (HAS). This will include reviewing sub-award proposals, participating in due diligence processes, identifying any support needs and implementing relevant plans, along with conducting monitoring to ensure IRC and donors principles and standards are adhered to.
- Participate in the review of partner proposals, as required.
- Participate in the Partner’s Project Capacity Review (PPCR) of potential partners as appropriate, and contribute to efforts to collaboratively analyze and manage material risks identified, including support needs.
- Participate in Partnership Project Opening, Review and Closure Meetings, to ensure all supply chain processes and HAS standards are adhered to
- Participate in all internal Partnership Focal Point Meetings for relevant partnerships.
- Participate in effective compliance review and reflection (monitoring), including spot checks, identifying appropriate follow-up actions, and providing completed reports to Partnership Lead.
- In relation to in-kind contributions to partners, working with technical teams to ensure the distribution of these items in a timely manner, and ensuring the completion of appropriate documentation attached to this.
- Assist in the close-out of partnership agreements, as required.
Program Support & Capacity Sharing
- Develop a specific support plan in collaboration with partners.
- Provide supply chain and HAS training and mentoring support to partners, in accordance with their partner project support plan and needs identified during the PPCR or requested from the partner. This could include, but is not limited to supporting partners with the following, to ensure partner and donor procurement rules are adhered to:
- Development and implementation of procurement plans
- Processing purchase requests, requesting quotations, conducting tender and bid analysis processes,
- Preparing and execution of contracts and contract renewals
- Maintaining appropriate supplier files
- Conducting due diligence processes
- Ensuring appropriate management of items procured relating to the partner, or given as in kind contribution by IRC.
- Ensuring appropriate warehouse management processes are followed
- Support the partners to conduct Security Risk Assessment and develop mitigation measure.
- Support the partners to identify challenges in accessing community and develop adaptive mitigation measures
- No direct line management responsibilities, however the SPOO is expected to coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Partnerships Coordinator
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Partnerships Coordinator with technical reporting line to the SC Coordinator and HASC
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Other Partnership Staff, Programs Team, Finance team, Grants team, SC and HAS staff, and external stockholders and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or relevant field.
- A minimum 3 years of previous INGO experience
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and community members.
- Experience of working with and training, supporting and mentoring of NGOs/CBOs staff
- Driven, self-directed and the ability to manage multiple competing demands and commitments,
- Teammate and flexible.
- Creative and enthusiastic, with the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic
- Very good Microsoft Office skills
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Working Environment: This position is based in Aden, Yemen with travel to field locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employee benefits and privileges of employment!