National Staff Position
Position: Project Reporting Officer
Reports to: Project Manager, Protection Officer and WASH Expert
Location: Taiz governorate (50% Al-Turba; 50% Taiz city)
Duration: 6 months
Status: Full time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on previous OFDA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
The Reporting Officer is responsible for the drafting regular and ad hoc reports, including accurate data analysis and identification of trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Revise and consolidate the field data on the project’s implementation and indicators
- Receive and check weekly reports from Activity Coordinators; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Produce Monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the technical supervisors and Project Manager;
- Ensure Activity Info is updated on a monthly basis and within the deadline.
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools for donor, clusters, working groups;
- Support the Project Manager with timely weekly, monthly, mid-yearly and yearly reports and trend analysis: data, statistics, graphics and table should be produced, as required by INTERSOS management; support INTERSOS in the preparation of reports and matrixes.
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the technical supervisors and PM any particular hotspot, trends or protection risk identified;
- Support in monitoring the quality of data collected and constantly update the database
- Supervise the Data Entry team: in coordination with Activity Coordinators oversee data lifecycle
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and do not disclose any information related to work other than to discuss case management teams and their own cases or with the supervisors outlined on any cases.
- Hold a BA in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in similar positions;
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic protection principles and confidentiality;
- Familiarity with smart data collection and KoBo/ODK tools;
- Excellent writing and computer skills;
- Strong analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate with other team members;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines;
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;