The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Finance & Admin Assistant
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Duty Station: Aden
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: Branch Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date : January312t, 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data
- Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
- Maintain detailed records of the office petty cash fund and handle its proper replenishment in the system.
- Handle operational advances disbursed under identified projects and ensure proper clearance of the advances through submission of all corresponding documentation and also reflect the same in the system.
- Prepare routine correspondence of administrative nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Assist in the process of budget monitoring and budget revisions.
- Conduct daily clearance of temporary filing cabinets by relocating and organizing them within the central files
- Make sure that all forms are always available and updated.
- Place orders and manage payment for office expenses including water, electricity, transportation, stationary, etc.
- Maintain and update the Property Register list.
- Organize the administrative activities for meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· University degree in Administration-Finance or equivalent professional experience.
· A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position.
· Knowledge of basic office IT, including MS Office (Word, Excel, outlook).
· Experience in coordinating with INGOs, NNGOs and government.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Strong finance skills.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SDF.
· English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
· Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results.
· Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.