Job Title: Finance/Admin Officer
Department: Finance Department
Reports to: Office Manager with Dotted Line Reporting to Senior Finance Manager
Location: Hadramout, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in various governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, and Hadramout). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCE Officer (FAO): The FAO will provide support to the Hadramout Area Manager (AM) as well as the Aden based Sr. Finance Manager (SFM) on matters of financial management, compliance, accounting, and reporting related to the Hadramout governorate operations. The FO will be responsible for maintaining accounting records, recording transactions into computerized accounting software, producing various financial reports and adherence to the donor and organizational policies and procedures. In particular, he/she will:
- Follow and implement existing finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for recording and maintenance of financial records in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Produce various periodic financial reports as required.
- Follow up on the settlement of outstanding advances/liabilities in a timely manner.
- Prepare all documents of periodic bank/cash reconciliations and address any discrepancies.
- Liaise with banks and ensure the availability of adequate funds in bank accounts for program operations.
- Review payment requests and ensure adequacy and completeness of supporting documentation prior to approval.
- Establish, maintain and regular review of financial filing system
- Ensure all financial disbursements to staff/suppliers/vendors and expenses made thereon properly recorded in Cash Book, Bank Book, and subsidiaries
- Work closely with logistics and procurement departments to ensure that payment requests have complete documentation and payment are done on time.
- Work closely with the Aden-based Human Resources (HR) department and ensure maintenance of complete and accurate HR documentation for Hadramout based employees.
- Work closely with the Aden-based HR department in facilitating day to day HR functions.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete timesheets for staff and assist HR department in the preparation of payroll for Hadramout staff.
- Support the SFM and AM in other related day to day operations as required.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Support in managing inventory system.
- Support in maintaining inventory register.
- Support in following up all maintenance requests in order to maintain general maintenance of GC’s Offices and Guesthouse if any as per GC’s rules and regulations.
- Do weekly check to ensure that all types of needs, maintenance and services have been achieved appropriately on time.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Ensure all bills of utilities for the GC’s office and Guesthouse paid on time.
- Maintain timely and efficiently stocking of pantry items / equipment, stationery, kitchen and office / Guesthouse supplies.
- Directly supervise support team (cleaners, cook…) with managing their schedules and ensure cleaning of GC’s office and Guesthouse premises.
- Carry of all the duties and responsibility, which will be signed by SFM.
- Perform any other task assign by supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities.
- Experienced in the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrated computer and typing skills; QuickBooks, Excel and Word skills are preferable.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Degree in accounting, business management or other relevant field, with at least 1-3 years of related experience. Experience in finance, accounting and budget with USAID or other donors and US Government agencies is highly preferred.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions.
Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From February 2021 until May 15, 2021 (Renewable).