Valiant is seeking skilled Linguists to provide interpretation, transcription, and translation services in support of ongoing and new U.S operations and mission requirements.
- Conduct accurate and consecutive translation, transcription, and interpretation Hindi and Punjabiinto English
- Translate various syntax and expressions to include colloquial and slang phrases from English Hindi/Punjabi and vice versa
- Work and travel in austere environments
- Provide advice on cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, and documents
- Accurately scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents
- Other related tasks as assigned
CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant’s activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant’s QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
- Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation EXCELLENCE
- Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do INNOVATION
- Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide.
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Position Requirements:Required Qualifications:
- Must have a proficiency in Hindi, Punjabi and English speaking and writing Level 3/3 of Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR)-Native proficiency preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Hindi/Punjabi culture with previous work in the region-Native familiarity preferred
- Experience interpreting and translating Hindi and Punjabi into English
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in standard dialect and vocabulary rarely requiring the need for paraphrasing or explanation
- Familiarity with the local culture and customs with the ability to operate within the local populace
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Clearance Required: Secret