Project Assistant -Saadah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Manage the team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilisers, engineer teams and M&E
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in relevant field;
- Minimum one-year experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization;
- Cross- cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members);
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Good English skills required;
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.