JOB OVERVIEW: Valiant is seeking OSMs to provide operational, administrative, and management support for SOCOM operations in the Middle East, Africa and Afghanistan. The site lead serves as the primary POC for resolving linguist issues, ensuring accountability, and overseeing accurate input of payroll data by linguist. The Site Manager will identify issues to the Task Order Program Manager (TOPM) that impact staff, linguist, and customers at the site.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise all on-site Contractor personnel during the period of this contract.
- OSMs will reside at the forward Headquarters (HQ) of Task Force elements as designated by the COR.
- OSMs shall coordinate the work locations with the designated on-site Government representative and the COR to ensure requirements and logistics of the contract are being met.
- The OSM shall be responsible for coordinating all aspects of deployment and redeployment of Contractor personnel with the Contractor PM and COR coordination and approval.
- The Government will designate an on-site Government representative who will provide day-to-day technical direction on operational and administrative matters.
- Any problems that cannot be resolved on-site shall be referred back to the Contractor PM, designated COR, and/or KO for resolution.
- They shall be responsible for all administrative matters between supporting linguists and the Government.
- Bachelor's Degree, with Master's Degree preferred. In lieu of education requirement, the Government may accept, with COR approval, actual (extensive) work related experience as a substitute.
- Proficient in utilizing basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizen and possess a current TOP SECRET security clearance.
- A minimum of six years managerial experience within DoD or equivalent Government agencies, with 2 years at the operational level.
- Additional years of general experience in Special Operations or significant knowledge of Special Operations is highly desirable.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.