Position Title: Project Manager.
Location: Sana'a, Yemen.
Employment Type: Full time.
Contract Duration: 11 months.
Qatar Red Crescent Society is a nonprofit organization, assist and empowers vulnerable communities within Qatar and around the world by offering life-saving assistance in emergencies, increasing disaster preparedness and resilience to future disasters, improving health care services, contributing to social rehabilitation and capacity building while preserving human dignity. Qatar Red Crescent is now recruiting in Yemen a Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the strategic annual planning process.
- Under supervision of the head of mission, the head of Program leading the planning, implementation and supervision of all activities at the field level with the project teams and local partners.
- Provide support in all aspects of the project, including development of effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports of project activities to Head of mission or head of program as per the agreed schedules.
- Draft project concept notes and proposals as requested.
- Represent and coordinate with key partners and with local government in project and program related issues.
- Represent QRCS in different relevant cluster meetings and provide summary reports to the leaders.
- Ensure effective management, support and development of all staff engaged by QRCS in the project work.
- Actively participate in the hiring of new project staff.
- Undertake regular field visits to the project site to ensure regular monitoring of staff on relevant activity.
- Participate in developing staff capacity in terms of general management, report and proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, problem solving, assessments etc.
- Performs any other duties requested by the head of mission.
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree at least bachelor (in Management, Social Science, International Development, Disaster Management, Public Health or any related field; preferably obtaining a relevant Master Degree.
- INGO working experience not less than five years in a similar and/or managerial position;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Proven record of experience/ expertise in project management, monitoring and impact assessment.
- Proven experience and ability of drafting and developing concept notes and full proposals;
- Ability to work and develop linkages with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and analysis;
- Applicants should be excellent team players, and be willing to work in a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
- Applicants should have the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Understanding of the principles of Core Humanitarian standards preferred.
- Strong skills in training and developing staff
- Ability to demonstrate a flexibility of approach and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with complex situations and take initiative proactively to address the situation
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills having group dynamics
- Self-motivated, goal/result-orientation, teamwork and good motivator.
- Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision, and stress resilience
- Flexibility, tolerance and maturity.