Job Title: Team Leader.
No of positions: 1 Position
Deadline: Jan 30th, 2021
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 8 months
Duty Station: AL-Khawkhah - Ad Durayhimi district. - Al Hudaydah Gov.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Taybah Foundation for Development ( TFD ):
Taybah Foundation for Development is a Yemeni Development Foundation working in the areas of health and education. It was established in 1996 under the licence of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 25. Taybah seeks to provide quality health and education services in partnership and cooperation with all concerned and interested parties in accordance with the development plans of local authorities.
List of main tasks:
Assessment and design of projects:
- Produce technical documents (BoQs, Scope of work, drawing etc.).
- Partake in the identification of new areas for intervention.
- Partake in the design and gauging of financial, human and logistical programs.
- Partake in the preparation, implementation and analysis of diagnostics.
Implementation and monitoring of activities:
- Plan activities/projects in collaboration with the operational teams and according to the internal deadlines.
- Conduct regular activity monitoring visit on the field.
- Oversee and create a community-based oversight system for all engineering works done by contractors.
- Oversee the implementation of activities and ensure meeting of deadlines, technical specifications and TFD standards.
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activity/project and propose alternate strategies to the Project Manager.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Ensure that the safety of persons and equipment at intervention/project sites is guaranteed
- Develop estimated costs for rehabilitation/construction works.
- Provide technical support to community hygiene volunteers and developing a culture sensitive IEC material for Hygiene Promotion activities.
- Prepare a plan for hygiene promotion activities and participate activities alongside hygiene promoter and community hygiene volunteers in the targeted community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Partake in the recruitment of national contractors.
- Organize regular meetings with Project teams.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the Project Manager in the case of a problem.
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the Project manager.
- Assist with the implementation of training.
- Plan the leaves of the staff members under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents to be signed jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners.
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the projects/activities or the security of the teams to the Project Manager.
- Ensure the soft and hard archiving of program related document and files (Beneficiaries list, etc…)
- Write regular reports on the progress of projects/activities for the Project Manager.
- Partake in the drafting of reports and schedules/appendices related to the activities/projects for report and/or sponsors.
- Represent TFD in collaboration with/ or in absence of the Project Manager to the relevant bodies: local authorities, Clusters, external coordination meetings etc.
Education and experience:
- BCs in Civil Engineering or Hydraulic Engineering is strongly preferred. Alternatively, strong technical skills must be clearly proven by means of extended professional experience with engineering.
- At least 2-3-year experience in a similar position, for INGO –NGO sector.
- Proven previous experience in emergency water trucking, chlorination and water quality analysis.
- Proven previous experience in rehabilitation of water networks.
- Proven previous experience providing rapid emergency response WASH services as part of a rapid response task force.
- Proven previous experience providing WASH response to cholera outbreaks.
- Proven previous experience providing WASH response for IDPs in collective sites as a response to early-onset emergencies in conflict areas or natural disasters.
- Proven previous experience in the construction of emergency sanitation infrastructure, including but not limited to latrines, bathing shelters, handwashing point, waste management systems.
- Proven previous experience in hygiene promotion, including distribution of HKs items and targeting, and integration of protection, health, menstrual hygiene management in hygiene promotion.
- Proven previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country).
- Experience in team management.
- Arabic (Fluent).
- English (Fluent).
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Advanced technical knowledge on emergency water, sanitation, public health and hygiene promotion system and their design (mandatory knowledge in cholera response, emergency WASH in collective IDPs sites, targeting, rapid response mechanisms).
- Advanced knowledge on soft component linked with hygiene promotion, public health, malnutrition, protection, people with special needs.
- Advanced knowledge of project cycle management, humanitarian world, emergency donors.
- Advance knowledge on rapid needs assessments, KAP surveys, baseline surveys, and security assessments.
- Advanced knowledge of delivering WASH services in emergency context is mandatory.
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required