Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO)
Department: Operation Department
Reports to: Senior Procurement & Logistics Manager
Location: Hadramout, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in various governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, and Hadramout). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement & Logistics Officer(SPLO): The PLO is responsible for overseeing the Procurement, logistics and Office Administration responsibilities in Hadramout Office. The PLO will prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests for offers for the supply of goods and services to meet the project’s objectives. He/she will be responsible for building and controlling the YCST Program’ database of contractors and suppliers and will monitor awarding levels on a quarterly basis for vetting purposes. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring program compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations. In particular, he/she will:
- Initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with all YCST Program departments in field and partner/implementing agencies to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the programs.
- Provide advice on contract renewal/cancellation or extension of suppliers/contractors etc.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PRs, POs,
- RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices, and Delivery Reports.
- Control and manage all goods and supplies that are used by YCST Program Field Office to enable the effective, timely and cost-effective implementation of the programs.
- Updating of Vendor Database.
- Ensure proper filing Management system
- Follow-up with the finance section as well as vendors.
- Obtain approval on procurement documents from concerned authorities.
- Facilitate Procurement Committee.
- Collect goods and petty purchases.
- Ensure compliance with YCST Program’ and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities ensuring compliance of Global Communities’ standards, protocols, and procedures through planning in coordination with program colleagues for timely delivery.
- Develop, implement and maintain the logistics set up for YCST Program Office, being procurement, transport, and warehousing and fuel management.
- Monitor the use of vehicles and ensure adequate controls over the use and movement of all YCST Program vehicles including hired ones. Initiate procurement of spare parts for all YCST Program vehicles and ensure service dates are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinate with his assistant to manage all transport requirements including Vehicle log book (VLB) fuel, maintenance, servicing and ensuring that all vehicles are fully equipped with toolkits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for the short or long journey.
- Directly supervise drivers managing their schedules.
- Manage inventory system.
- Maintain Inventory register.
- Follow up all maintenance requests in order to maintain general maintenance of GC’s Offices and Guesthouse if any as per GC’s rules and regulations.
- Do weekly check to ensure that all types of needs, maintenance and services have been achieved appropriately on time.
- Ensure all appliances in use and other fixed assets are working in good condition and if not report that to Logistics Department.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
- Ensure all bills of utilities for the GC’s office and Guesthouse paid on time.
- Maintain timely and efficiently stocking of pantry items / equipment, stationery, kitchen and office / Guesthouse supplies (maintain stock register).
- Ensure updated mail/ phone directories / Lists and send to staff on monthly basis.
- Directly supervise support team (cleaners, cook…) with managing their schedules and ensure cleaning of GC’s office and Guesthouse premises.
- As needed the SPLO will be expected to visit other field offices on a regular basis.
- Carry of all the duties and responsibility, which will be signed by SPLM and DFA/COP.
- Due to the nature of the organization’s activities, tasks mentioned above are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet the organization’s objectives.
- Directly supervise procurement and logistics assistant.
- Perform any other task assign by supervisor