Job Title: Data Entry
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance
Date of Issue: 21 January 2021.
Closing Date for Applications: 26 January 2021.
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Alhodeidah, Hajjah, Almahweet &Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a Data Entry staff to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish data bases properly based on the needed information for the protection community center and prepare, sort documents for data entry.
- Enter data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Resolve discrepancies in information and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Create data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Respond to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the association and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure the respect of the principles of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Document all data and means of verifications and project documents.
- Provide support to project manager and project staff.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in computer sciences or any other related field.
- Working Experience with NGOs is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in data collection tools (Kobo Collect – ODK – ONA) is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think independently and solve problems.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management.
- Oral and written English skills is preferred.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment.