Job Title: Education M&E Assistant
Band / Level / Grade: 9A
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Working under the supervision and mentorship of the Education Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Al Dhale`e and assigned to work in one district in Al Dhale. The M&E Assistant will work closely with Education officers to implement the IRC Yemen M&E and CRA commitments in the specific Al Dhale`e targeted districts for the education program, improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Education M&E Assistant will support the Education M&E officer in leading day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to the Education CRA Officer and field teams to ensure the effective implementation of projects.
- Assist in regular field visits for various education interventions and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared.
- Conduct verification of all activities and findings are shared and documented.
- Ensure accurate filing of M&E documents including questionnaires and supervision sheets.
- Collect data from selected schools, community centers, homes at the assigned district level including enrolment, attendance, learning-teaching process, and learning environment.
- Regular monitoring of Father or Mother Councils activities, distributions, community Centers, training, and other discussion groups at the district level
- Collect feedback data from clients and community and ensure it is shared with Education CRA Officer.
- Submit to the Education M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field
- Good relationships and team spirit with program and operations staff in the field
- Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by Education M&E Officer or his/her supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- A bachelor`s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics or a related field with Good experience in M&E
- Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
- The IRC and IRC workers must carry out the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Specific skills for the post:
- Competences in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and optimally
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills, in both English and Arabic.
- Sign off and abide by team-building principles in the field of assignment and within IRC in general (The IRC Way standards)
- Promote a high-performance environment.
- Be innovative and open to learning new directions of M&E
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation