Information Technology & Web Administrator
The Yemen Polling Center and the Yemen Policy Center Germany e.V. are looking to fill the position of Information Technology and Web Administrator. The position will be filled by someone who is creative, proactive, and responsible. As Information Technology and Web Administrator, you will support both the Yemen Polling and the Yemen Policy teams in all issues related to Information Technology and websites. This may include providing basic assistance for everyday IT issues, facilitating communication, such as setting up newsletters or troubleshooting communication problems, or solving more complex issues relating to networks, servers, or data systems.
YPC is a research service provider based in Taiz, Yemen. Since 2004, YPC has conducted high quality research for international government and non-governmental organizations, as well as private firms. We pride ourselves on upholding international research standards in difficult environments. YPC Germany e.V. was conceived in March 2020 by a group of Yemeni and German researchers associated with the Yemen Polling Center. We are a young and ambitious team committed to supporting young Yemeni talents. We seek to influence Yemeni and international policy making to improve the living conditions of the Yemeni people and bring about a lasting peace. In addition, YPC supports young Yemeni researchers by creating genuine opportunities for career development.
As Information Technology Administrator, you will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of YPC computer systems, servers, data security systems, email, websites, hardware and software. The administrator is responsible for ensuring that the internal YPC IT structure remains up-to-date and functional. To this end, you will investigate and analyse IT issues, provide recommendations for refining the organizational IT systems, and carry out daily configuration and installation of IT solutions and services. On a regular basis, you may be requested to help staff with other basic needs. On top of this, you will be in charge of maintaining YPC’s web environment, ensuring functionality through regular tests and improvements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all issues with software, hardware, websites; assist staff with technical problems.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications (such as MAXQDA, Trello, Slack and others);
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems; Manage remote meeting and communication software;
- Design newsletters and ensure they are sent regularly;
- Support staff in implementing visions in terms of design and structure of websites;
- Monitor, upgrade, update, and backup the organizations’ website (frontend and backend)
- Design and develop website pages as instructed by staff;.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues;
- Ensure that the websites are protected by enabling the appropriate security measures;
- Maintain CDN (Cloudflare);
- Use search engine optimization to ensure optimal web traffic;
- Regularly report on traffic statistics, including demographics, origin and usage behaviour;
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all GDRP laws and regulations.
- 5+ Years prior experience in IT administration, IT support, and web development—ideally in an NGO context;
- University degree or diploma in a field related to IT, computer science, network administration, web development, and/or programming;
- Experience in Wordpress CMS, Elementor, CSS, HTML. Java;
- Ability to use Adobe Programs such as PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator;
- Proven experience as a system administrator, network administrator or in a similar role;
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management;
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Must possess patience and the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Must be able to work remotely, and across several time zones;
- Ideally former experience providing IT support to several offices remotely;
- Must understand the best practices of digital publishing;
- Must be resourceful and take the initiative;
- Must understand the best practices of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Must possesses strong communication skills, and be able to work both independently and with a team;
- Must possesses superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Fluency in both Arabic and English(non-negotiable)
The position will be split between the Yemen Polling Center in Taiz and the Yemen Policy Center in Berlin. Candidates based in Taiz are preferred. Qualified individuals will be considered for a remote position. This post is a full-time position. Starting date: February 1, 2021. Salary will be negotiated on the basis of qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate against candidates based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.