To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assist in reviewing security threats and risks, compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations to ensure information is accurately collated to support reporting and decision-making.
2. Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
3. Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
4. Assist in planning, coordinating, preparing and conducting field missions including tracking of staff, and perform regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
5. Prepare detailed security assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
6. Assist in the formulation of advice to Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
7. Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
8. Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
9. Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
10. Contribute to the development and update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
11. Assist in identification of security training needs to support training planning and implementation to address staff development needs.
12. Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Security or related Fields.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day to day work
• Has supported security operations efforts as directed
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members