Location: Roving between NFDHR HQ & field offices Hadramout & Marib, with frequent visits to project sites district as needed.
Reporting to: MEAL Manager & FSL Program Manager
Start date: February 2021
Contract Duration: 10 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
FSL MEAL Field Specialist Job Description
The FSL MEAL Field Specialist is responsible for the M&E of FSL project activities: data collection, & analyzing, assessments, surveys, training staff, development tools, monitoring the ongoing activities, M&E reporting, highlight the progress of the implementation vs. the action plan & provide the required advice to the team in the field office, issue the M&E activity, monthly, & timely reports, support the FSL staff in their activities. He/she will be roving between 40% Marib, 40% Hadramout field offices and 20% NFDHR HQ. The Specialist will dedicate 100% from his/her time to this project. Salary will be paid for 10 months for FSA sector. The Salary includes (Basic Salary, Transportation Allowance, Appearance Allowance, Social Insurance, and Income Tax & Medical Insurance).
- Ensure produce good quality of data & analysis & reporting in timely manner (40%)
- Develop & improve the good quality of M&E tools, plan of activities & performance in the project (20%)
- Achievement of surveys, assessments, monitoring missions successfully & timely (40%)
Achieve the following tasks:
- Support Project Manager to conduct project kick-off and presentation for project staff and related FSL Programme Manager.
- Implement M&E activities (assessments, survey, monitoring, verification) according to the required standards/specifications in corresponding with the project timetable.
- Responsible for ensuring registration & selecting the eligible BNFs based on targeting criteria and approaches described in project in coordination with Project Manager
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
- In charge of monitoring deliver emergency food assistance to eligible BNFs in the target project sites and meet FSAC, humanitarian, and sphere standards.
- Contribute to develop evidence-based FSL awareness IEC materials.
- Perform any other related duties as required
Development & improve project:
- Develop project under in coordination with project manager & supervision of related FSL Program & MEAL unit.
- Develop the project micro-plan for monitoring & evaluation of activities and sets targets as included in the project description and indicators.
- Oversee the development of MEAL tools and field staff capacity in coordination with MEAL unit, FSL Program & FSAC.
- Oversee the awareness sessions and trainings on verification, assessments, survey, monitoring missions for MEAL staff.
- Evaluate M&E staff performance and make recommendations.
- Work on developing and reviewing the M&E project strategy in coordination with Project Manager, MEAL unit, FSL Program, & cluster.
- Support Project Manager to coordinate between MEAL staff and other staff in the project to ensure good implementation of activities and integrated approach.
- Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines in coordination with project Manager
- Responsible to collect and analysis data and produce required FSL M&E reports/studies of the project, NFDHR, donors, & FSAC: detail needs assessment, market assessment & monitoring, baseline, PDMs, & endline reports, FSAC reports, and NFDHR MEAL internal reports.
- Supervise and submit periodic M&E studies, assessments, and evaluation reports project, and related reports in time manner.
- Supervise the maintenance and archiving of FSL M&E reports, records & documents
- In charge of support Media Officer to produce successful stories on field project activities.
- Responsible for verification of all means of verification: documents/reports indicated in FSA indicators in the project.
The role of the FSL MEAL Field Specialist is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the FSL MEAL Field Specialist is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s FSA project and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Experiences, Qualifications and Abilities
- University degree in Agricultural, Food, & Nutrition specialization, or a related subject.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in food security or M&E projects.
- Experience with reporting, project management cycle, M&E, and donor requirements.
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural).
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent reporting, written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds