Job Title: Cash-Based Interventions Officer
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a CBI Officer for the community center to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash-based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular Cash based Intervention database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes.
- Support in the co-ordination with different IPs, Ops and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to bank service provider to monitor the cash project.
- Help the BNFs and solve their problems when receiving assistances and cash support.
- Contact the Bank through which the cash support is provided to BNFs to facilitate the distribution process and report daily statistics of cash support delivery mechanism.
- Provide the IDPs community center management with daily reports regarding the cases delivered and the difficulties occurred.
- Follow up the delivery process and contacting the BNFs who didn’t receive SMS messages by the Bank due to the lack of phone coverage and prepare transfer token for them including the name of the beneficiary and his transfer number.
- Make sure to sign and stamp all the beneficiaries list from all relevant authorities.
- Represent JAAHD at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields with components related directly to data management.
- Working experience in cash-based interventions.
- Familiarity with smart data collection tools.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English is an asset.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.