Job office: Aden governorate
Job site: Lahj governorate.
Reports to: Program Manager
Contract duration: 8 months
Position type: Full time
Attadhamon Foundation for Development (AFD) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in May 2000 in Yemen.
We work among women, youth and children to achieve human noble purposes, and objectives, such as empowerment, elimination of discrimination, the reduction of poverty, creation of equal opportunities to achieve social justice and comprehensive development, to raise the standard of living for the family and the community. AFD works in partnership with society, communities, international agencies, and active partners.
Attadhamon aims to accomplish these goals through implementing its core programs: food security and livelihoods ; wash; education; child protection and environment .
This position will be under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager, he/she is responsible for planning and implementing of all food security and livelihoods activities. He/she will work in close coordination with the field staff in the area.
The FSL officer will report to the Program Manager and will be responsible for providing technical leadership, the day-to-day management of the project, including recruitment and reporting. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for liaison and coordination with the appropriate government authorities.
Comply with Attadhamon Foundation policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and AFD FSL project team.
- Responsible for implementing and supervising of FSL activities in the target communities and geographical areas for the specific target beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the food security projects are delivered according to donors' contractual requirements and that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale.
- Advice on program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization, local partnerships, participant training, staffing, etc.) in coordination with the supervisor.
- Capacity to build technical field staff in carrying out the work and ensure that they have the required understanding of food security and livelihoods.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of implementation and administrative systems.
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of accountability mechanisms.
- Act as a liaison between communities and the AFD office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the Program Manager
- Develop detailed plans (monthly/weekly plans) and ensure the FSL team adheres to the plan.
- Prepare regular project progressive weekly, monthly reports, in addition to verification reports, distribution reports and training reports.
- Participate in the documenting lessons learned, best practice, success stories and case studies to contribute to sector learning.
- Maintain clear and up to date records of program beneficiaries and activities (beneficiary numbers, locations, contact details, activity progress) including the regular visits to target beneficiaries with other field team members in collaboration with local authorities.
- Identify potential problems in the FSL project implementation in the field and discuss the suggested solutions with local authorities and/or report to the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in the design of MEAL activities to monitor and evaluate the assigned FSL activities in the field.
- Help in ensuring that resources are used efficiently.
- Any other tasks assigned from the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods or any related field experiences.
- Experience with other INGO.
- One to two years of experience in a similar field.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Good analytical and planning skills with ability to interpret the situation.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Team work skills.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, organizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving with ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to write reports and collect data.
- Responsibility, cooperation and take initiatives.
- Flexible and creative.