Community Center Manager
Job Title: Community Center Manager
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a manger for the community centre to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and operate the community center Professionally.
- Create an implementation plan in accordance with the project work plan.
- Follow up the implemented activities at the Centre on a daily basis.
- Discuss any obstacles that may arise and work on finding solutions to overcome these difficulties.
- Explain and clarify the project to the staff in the center, beneficiaries, stake holders and local authorities.
- Follow up and verify the information/data submitted to the activity-info database before sending them to the line manager.
- Running the urgent and periodical meetings with the staff at the community center.
- Ensure of providing excellent services to the beneficiaries.
- Represent the project at the events or meetings with the stakeholders.
- Follow up the financial and operational plans to avoid any deviation that may occur for them.
- Compile clear and accurate reports and ensure of their timely submission.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluation for staff under direct supervision.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- Working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in coordination with government authorities, clusters, national NGOs, international NGOs and UN.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to motivate staff effectively.
- Ability to represent JAAHD in high-level meetings with donors and local authorities.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.